Monday 11 February 2013

You Had My Heart


You always found filth in all I uttered
Shattered everything I touched
And shut every door I opened
Taught me heaven is beyond my reach
And silly me took your teachings
Because you were everything in this heart

You knew you had my heart
And I let you to it
Somedays you knew how to tickle it
But most days you just had to pierce it
Sometimes I wonder if you have a heart
If you are human

Time and time you'd let me fall
Secretly rejoice in my hard times
And I'd let you to it
What was I to do?
You had my heart and you knew it
You knew me and I thought I knew you
But little did I know

1 comment:

  1. I am delighted to see that this simple writing has been well received by people as a poem... I personally wouldn't dare call it a poem... Thanks Muhammad Naeem for blogging it.

    Kind Regards
    Kagiso Chabanga

    ReplyDelete